Virtual Care for Indigenous Communities | Indigenous Services: Content
How does it work?
We partner with your local health centres, Aboriginal Health Access Centres, Métis Nation Wellness Centres, and other organizations in your community to connect you to your doctor or care team through video in your home community.
- Covered by OHIP, private, safe and secure
- Culturally relevant care with specialists, doctors or care teams anywhere in Ontario
- Available to all ages for ongoing or one-off appointments
- Get care from the comfort of your home community, in the place of your choice
- You can bring someone you are comfortable with to the appointment (caregiver, healer, family member, friend)
Does my community offer virtual care through video?
You can have a video visit at any local health clinic or hospital that offers telemedicine (virtual care). Ask your community nursing team about making a video visit appointment for you.
Explore the list and navigate the map below to find the closest Indigenous service site near you. You can find the contact information for each site by selecting the name in the list or clicking the pin on the map.
How do I get started with video visits?
- Find your local health care centre on the map or ask your health care team if video visits are available near you.
- Make a video visit appointment with your local care team.
- Arrive at your local health centre 15 minutes before your appointment time.
- Complete your video visit with your doctor or care team.
- Ask your doctor or care team if any follow-up is needed.